Sunday, September 20, 2015


Find your People and You'll Find Success!


It was 2005 when I first found Beachbody I was 323 pounds, I was broken!  Depressed, friendless, living where I didn't want to be, angry and completely devoid of any self esteem!   I'd be up all night pigging out and watching tv.  I'd get the kids really for school, walk Steph to the bus then crawl back in bed till it was time to pick up her up.  

Every night is see this little blonde dancing and kicking and screaming "you're not tired!" That infomercial haunted me for months!  Finally Chalene Johnson was just too cute to say no to and I bought Turbo Jam.   A few days later It arrived!  I opened the box took the first DVD and popped it in the machine.  I got about 7 minutes into the workout and thought I was going to have a heart attack on the spot!  

Popped out the DVD and threw the whole box in the closet in disgust!  A few months later while going through my checking account I saw a charge, it was the Beachbody Club.  Instead of calling customer service and cancelling it I got on computer and starting to poke around.  

It was there I found my coach Melanie Bolen, & Michelle Draper (who has become my BFF) just to name a few.  All who starting telling me I could accomplish anything I'd wanted I just had to take the first steps! One was deciding that maybe TurboJam wasn't for me and maybe another workout would be more suited to my taste and skill level and I found that in Slim In 6!  I stuck with it and lost 20 lbs!  Then I went back to TurboJam and not only conquered the workout I lost another 20lbs! 



Then in July 2007 Melanie, Bryan and Michelle convinced me to attend a weekend long camp with P90X trainer Tony Horton.  I was scared to death to be around him and the other "fit" people but I have to say that was one of the most empowering weekend of my life and Tony and Traci Morrow and all the campers completely lifted me up! 



I did every workout, including Yoga for the very first time (the ohms were spine-tingling, I did cardio, an ab workout and even ran an obstacle course and  guess what?  I didn't die! I was completely empowered!  I went on to finish one program after another and ever ran 3 half Marathons and the 2010 New York City Marathon! 




Best part though is I became a part of a community!   I had friends to turn to when I was having a bad day and who I lifted up when I was having a great day!  If went from on line posts to phone calls and other live adventures!





These people are in my life forever!  Michelle is clear across the country in Washington state but we talk sometime 10 times a day!  The two of us got to go on an amazing trip with Melanie to Italy this past May!

The best part for me though is now I get to pay it forward!  I get to left others up and tell them how amazing they are and are so worth the sweat and the tears they are putting in!  I'm teaching women how to empower themselves and even how to run their own successful coaching business!

So when your down and disparate just remember there's someone somewhere out there ready to give you a hand and tell you how amazing you are! Your life has meaning and purpose and there's someone out there waiting to get inspired by your journey!  So, if my story has inspired you please leave me a comment below so I can reach out to you! 

It's never to late!  You're amazing and you're worth it! ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment